Pages

October 13, 2013

Weaknesses and strengths.

Bismillah.

I am sure about my weaknesses, but always unsure about my strength.

Yep. I have psoriasis, I have a stabbing headache (luckily not often), I sleep late and wake up late, my grammar and vocab wouldn't make me proud and confident enough to publish (or even start writing) a story, I suck at talking with adults, I can't emphatize well, I'm impatient...(please, let me continue), I suck at making best friends,  i don't know what should I do with my future...and I'm still dependent on my mother.

Gosh, all those make me feel bad. And that's not even the end of the list!

We all have our weaknesses, right? Things we that we don't want other to know. Things that we keep hating because they always stay inside us. Even though we manage to lose some along the journey to become mature, we pick some new others too.

That's human, we are imperfect.

Though I'd like to stress here, remember that there will always be someone who's having worse. You still have a home, someone else don't. You still have a family, someone else don't. Even if you really have nothing, at least you are still alive, and you have God. You can ask Him anything. Even simple things like, dear God, please give me a new shoes as this one I'm wearing is already torn. I said, ANYTHING.

Dear Allah, help me ease this headache. Please.

*********
What about strengths? Can we be really sure about our strengths?

Hah, I can't.

At least, that's for me. A lot of women feel not so confident and value themselves lesser than they should. That's why they know about their weaknesses more than their strengths.

Anyway, I shall attempt to list my strengths.

Hmm...I can understand lessons pretty fast, I'm confident with my skills of copying, I can draw and write stuffs (though never good at them, huh). I'm tough (or at least from my point of view), I like challenges (but not too much physical challenges, please), I can do some boys' stuffs (is that supposed to be a good thing?!) and umm...I can cook a bit...and umm...

Oh quit it! Coming up with good things about yourself is tiring. It's like praising yourself and you are happy with it, but then you say to yourself, other people can do all those better than you.

Huh. Even the list of strengths I wrote has some weaknesses in there, too.

*********
And so, people tell me not to compare myself to others, even weaknesses or strengths. If you wanna compare, compare with yourself. Yep, I know it's hard. Humans tend to compare things with each other. Nevertheless, each people is a unique being isn't it? Our weaknesses and strengths make us different from others. So...

Yeah. I should just accept myself the way I am and be happy with it. Thank God I am still 'me'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!