Pages

October 31, 2017

New project, and food.

Bismillah.


I got a scratch, see. It's a result of playing with 2mm-steel wire. Not recommended for crafting projects that require cutting, twisting and turning it a lot. Too thick. 1.6mm might be better, softer but sturdy enough.

Was trying to spiral bind a DIY book made from boxes and brown wrapping papers, got them from my office. We ordered a 6-months supply of coffee, so we got a few boxes and wrappers to throw away. Their conditions were still good so I chose to take them home.

Heh, I can be a hoarder sometimes.

Now I'm deliberating whether to actually use this handmade book or not. Spent my precious time and effort into making it, I don't want to sully it with my meaningless writings ><

That, and also, I used those steel wires I bought to sort of make a makeshift steam rack to be used with my 16-in metal pot. We don't have a steaming pot here in our rented house, so, gotta figure out how to actually have one. Why do I need it? Well, I've been thinking of making these cuties:
Those are the dumplings that I managed to make with the makeshift steam rack I told you about. I'm satisfied, really. I even got the awesome scar on my hand that I can use to show off.

***

I told you I'm on a 2-months extended leave from work, right? I took it because my boss told me to. Why? Because I said to him that I wanted to quit, so he wanted me to take some time off.

Heh. After reading all those nasty blog posts I wrote, complaining about work, you'd think it's about time I quit, right?

...I don't know.

I mean, I know my past self(s) has been complaining and suffering because of work, but now that I'm on an awesome long leave, it doesn't feel that way anymore. Heh, I'm pretty sure that's just because it's not in front of me anymore. I mean, we tend to forget things that are already in the past, right?

Huh. I know. 'Si' (introverted sensing), dwelling in the past is not my strength. I'm so much more on the 'Se' (extroverted sensing), meaning I live in the present. But that doesn't mean the past didn't happen, right? It did, it's just that it's harder for me to actually learn from them and not to repeat them again.

*sigh* Problems always come from our own selves. 

Dude, when am I going to accept the fact that I'm IMPERFECT?

***

So with this long holiday, you've witnessed what I did with my free time. 

Some new recipes once in a while, new projects, even watching TV. Something that I don't usually do.

Oh, and I also went to places, and took selfies! ...Another thing that I don't usually do too.

Dude...so gedik. The pose was suggested by my housemates. My usual, normal, real self selfies would be full of funny expressions, photo bombs and me sticking my tongue out. Nice, polite smiles aren't something I'm comfortable with, I can try if you ask me to pose that way, but it would be a big fake picture for me. 

That picture was taken when I went to North Malaysia during the weekend, followed my housemate back to her hometown. Even went to Malaysia-Thailand borders. Had fun eating and snapping photos. Well, that's what girls like to do...right? Housemates. Called me to take photos with them, but then they complained about my pose or my expressions. Lol. I know. Girls like to look pretty, but I'd rather look fun and interesting.

Needless to say, that whole trip took about RM200+ if I remembered correctly. Transportation being the biggest culprit. Heh. Here I am, spending money that I don't really have. Well, not really, but when you're no longer working, there's no money coming in, right? So I'm just spending out of my savings basically.

But that doesn't stop me from spending it anyway. Especially on FOOD.



Dude...you can't live without food. No, seriously. Although I do worry about having to spend money (that I don't have), sometimes I really need to just eat out. Taste something new. Eating the same thing everyday can really mess up your taste buds. Lol don't believe everything I say. 

At some points during my 2-months break I just want to rebel and find something new. Be it the best nasik lemak in town, in which I haven't managed to find one, to finding some warm, homey noodle soup, or even just nasik campur with quality lauks. Or sometimes, I'm just finding excuses to get out of the house and go somewhere, ya know? Being unemployed (oops, not yet) can be quite lonely since you're not going out and meet people much. That photo above costed me RM21 at NY Steak Shack. Cool stuff, I like it once in a while.

***

Anyways, wanna know why I wanted to quit? I'll tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!