Pages

August 9, 2015

Hanging out with Intuitive Extroverts.

Bismillah.

Wow. Hanging out with Intuitives. Even more so, all of them are Extroverts. (I'm an Introverted Sensor)

What the heck. I only realized it when they were chatting together happily while I stared at them, not saying anything. It's not that I don't understand what the topic was about, it's just that I feel like if I interrupted them, they would suddenly go quiet, make a confused face, give a short comment on what I've said, then continue about something else. Of course, who wouldn't feel ignored? Typical behavior of Intuitives, jumping from an idea to another, while Sensors Thinkers would like to discuss on the current idea with more understanding. 

It somehow feels like we're not on the same page. They were talking about it, what immediately popped out of my mind was the possible solutions to said topics. But if I tell them just that, it somehow wouldn't get elaborated. I would be a conversation killer, and I don't want that.

As an Introvert, of course I'm quiet if I'm not interested in the topic. Being a Sensor makes staying with Intuitives almost unbearable. Inside, I was eager to move, to play, come on, at least do something other than just talking! I was bored, for God's sake! I feel like I just wanna get up and run, just start walking to wherever my feet bring me, or go climb something or crawl or whatever. Huh. No wonder you guys didn't really agree to the idea of playing bowling. I should've known...

Well, there are parts where we are different, but there are also parts where we complement each other. So, I might as well try to tolerate with this, they are my friends. They too have to tolerate with my Se hyperactiveness and Ti quietness (but can bite!). Hanging out with Intuitives makes me appreciate my Si friends more, especially Falaha. 

Being Se does give me some advantages. That night I reminded Ama of her phone which was with Syafiq, but even Syafiq didn't remember where he put it. They started to panic, I quickly called Ama's phone. Luckily the phone did ring, and it was found in Syafiq's pocket. The next morning, I reminded Ama of her tumbler as I noticed it wasn't in her hand. She had forgotten and left it at the kiosk, so I quickly speed walked and fetched the tumbler without any question. By then I knew, if they were embracing their Intuitves moments, I can embrace my Se too. I was...somehow hoping someone would notice what I did and appreciate it but...it's okay.

No, they were not in the wrong. They were simply being Intuitives. That is their personality, that's what makes them 'them'. The same thing with me. My hyperactive Se may be annoying to some, but I'm not wrong. I'm just being who I am. The purpose of this post is to highlight that there may exist some clashes between the personalities, not to emphasize someone's weaknesses. Hell no, it's not even about weaknesses. It's the strength of Intuitives. To discuss an issue with depth and be able to branch out into various other things. Strength of Sensor is on physical things, quick reflexes and body movements.

...Huh. Okay, I think I got sensitive. I think I should rest a little, spend a few days without people. Just me and my own little world. Them Extroverts get energy by hanging out with people, but me, I need to recharge my Introverted energy alone. So...time to keep quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts!